Skirt Steak Salad with Honey Marinade & Goat Milk Feta
Beef Marinade Ingredients:
1 pound Walnut Hollow Ranch skirt steak 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons Wehrloom Honey 2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Teaspoon fresh black pepper 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 scallions, thinly sliced
1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and dried ¼ cup diced red onion 6 – 8oz of High Mountain Feta Cheese Optional: tomatoes, cucumbers or other vegetables
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Teaspoon garlic powder Pink salt & black pepper to taste
Equipment: gallon size sealable plastic bag, large bowls, knife
1. Place the plastic bag in a large bowl and add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and oil to the bag.
2. Whisk in the honey, garlic, pepper, ginger and scallions.
3. Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to coat it in the marinade, and then seal the plastic bag.
4. Place the steak in the fridge and marinate it overnight, or for a minimum of 10 hours.
5. When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and preheat your cooking surface (grill or stovetop grill pan).
6. Remove the steak from the marinade, discard the leftover liquid, and sear the steak on each side until it's cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
7. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes and set aside.
8. Toss the romaine lettuce, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a clean bowl
9. Plate with the salad mix
10. Slice the skirt steak across the grain and place on salad
11. Crumble Feta cheese on top of salad
12. Place sliced skirt steak on top of salad
13. Add any other vegetables desired
Premium Black Angus Skirt Steak from Walnut Hollow Ranch, Hayesville, NC 828-389-8931
Raw Honey from Wehrloom Honey, Robbinsville, NC 828-735-5309
Salad lettuce and greens from Carringer Farms, Franklin, NC 828-349-9062
Goat Milk Feta from High Mountain Meadow Farm & Creamery, Hayesville, NC 828-506-5566